The Vorttice helmet is a true revolution in aerodynamic helmets designed to be faster than the competition. Unlike any other aero helmet, proven dimpled technology at the front of the helmet causes air to flow closely to the helmet. When hitting the "Vortex Generator" at the top of the helmet, the air is accelerated again, so it can glide along to the end of the helmet and eliminate air disturbances. Our unique "air intake" situated at the highest pressure point on the helmet directs the air along the 3 "evacuation channels" keeping the rider cool and directing the flow of air through and out the helmet.
When the cyclist is riding straight forward, the air must change direction to skirt around the helmet. This creates a high pressure zone in front of the helmet making it the perfect place to position the vent. Air goes in at high speed, moves around the head through internal evacuation channels and exits at the back opening. Heat produced by the cyclist's head is then wicked out through the back. Designed to improve aerodynamic performance, the Vorttice lens is ventilated and included with the helmet. The shape of the helmet, air intake system and vortex generator prove to be exceptional at managing winds from all directions allowing athletes to go faster while spending less energy.
- Weight: 12 oz
- Certifications: CPSC-ASTM
- Vents: 2
- Golf Ball Effect: Texturized surface on the front of the helmet helps to achieve better laminar airflow
- Vortex Generator: Small blades at the surface of the helmet create vortices that energize the laminar layer resulting in improved performance
- Evacuation Channels: In order to avoid hindering aerodynamics, the vent opening must be strategically positioned. When the cyclist is riding straight forward, the air must change direction to skirt around the helmet. This creates a high pressure zone in front of the helmet, making it the perfect place to position the vent. Air goes in at high speed, moves around the head through the evacuation channels, and out by the back opening. Heat produced by the cyclist's head is then wicked out through the back.
- In-Mold Construction: Industrial process binding the microplastic and polystyrene together to add superior mechanical properties to these materials
- Spiderlock SL: So light, this rack-and-pinion system can be adjusted using only one hand to stablize the helmet around the head. It is provided with an ergonomic foam padding.
- Steplock Divider: Cam locking device to quickly adjust strap position.
- Sealed Airdry Padding: Washable sealed adjustment padding for enhanced durability, ergonomic design for optimum comfort
- Featherweight: Helmet light enough to make you forget you are wearing it
- Vorttice Lens Included: Designed to improve aerodynamic performance.
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $44.99
Now only: $32.99