America's top triathlon coach, Joe Friel, has a practical training plan that will get you to the starting line in a race-ready-shape - all in just 5 hours per week. With his friendly advice and a sensible training plan, you'll quickly gain the fitness and the confidence to enjoy your first triathlon.
Your First Triathlon offers training plans for beginners as well as plans for more experienced runners, cyclists, and swimmers. Four easy-to-use programs for sprint - or Olympic-distance events provide realistic workouts that will shape you into a triathlete.
- Training plans: Easy to follow in under 5 hours a week
- Workouts: Clearly explained for swim, bike and run
- Technique: Effective drills to polish your form
- Tips and Tricks: For race-day check-in, a stress-free swim, and laying out your gear
- Tri gear: What you need and don't need
- Nutrition and weight loss: Practical advice for dropping extra pounds