The NEW T3 Carbon AIR features a super-perforated triathlon-specific upper for maximum drainage and ventilation, with a plush, brushed interior for sock-free comfort for fast transitions and supreme comfort on the bike leg. Like all SIDI carbon soles, the Eleven Carbon/Composite Sole® is designed for maximum stiffness and power transfer, but it’s also engineered with a small degree of controlled flex in the toe area, which relieves plantar tendon strain during the pedal stroke. Translation: The T3 gives you legs on the bike, and saves your legs for the run.
The Eleven Carbon/Composite Sole® is engineered for high-performance, high-mileage cyclists, with stiffness for power transfer and some controlled flex in the toe area that biomechanically relieves stress in the plantar tendon. This makes it ideal for triathlon as it helps promote circulation and isn’t as punishing on the foot, leaving you more for the run. The Eleven Carbon/Composite Sole® is extremely stiff. In SIDI’s rigidity test, in which a 50 kg (Eleven0 lb) weight is suspended from one end of the sole, it deflected only 2.4 mm—20% stiffer than the previous Carbon Composite sole’s 3 mm deflection.The Eleven Carbon/Composite Sole® is constructed from layered 3k weave carbon fiber and injected carbon fiber in a matrix of Nylon 12, a mechanically stable material that is completely non-absorbent to water, so it won’t change rigidity from exposure to heat, humidity or from aging. It is an exceptionally light, stiff, durable sole.
• Eleven Carbon/Composite Sole injected carbon fiber sole reduces weight without sacrificing stiffness and efficiency
• NEW AIR perforated Triathlon-specific upper has a plush, brushed interior with minimal seams for sock-free comfort, and vented for air flow and water drainage
• Notched top strap opens away from the drive train
• Large heel loop for fast transitions
• SIDI Heel Cup
• Replaceable heel pad
Compatibility: Look, Speedplay, Dura-Ace, Time and SPD-SL
- Too smallReview by Annette Clement
- I liked the shoes but returned them because they were too small. I would recommend going up a size from your usual. They had a nice fit around the ankle which can be difficult to find. (Posted on 5/1/13)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)