Castelli Men's Free Aero Race 4 Bibshort - 2021
The Free Aero Race short is the all-around race short Castelli supplies to Team Sky, as well as all race teams they’ve sponsored since 2007. But that’s not enough of a reason for you to just go out and buy a pair. Since these guys ride over 30,000 kilometers per year, we consider them ideal testers and continuously solicit their feedback. The difference is that we actually listen to them. And the good thing for you is that the pros are looking for comfortable shorts too, so this short is made to be minimalist and fast, but without sacrificing all-day comfort.
For this year Castelli has made subtle but important refinements. The seat pad has been updated with a softer, stretchier and totally seamless top layer. The leg gripper is also stretchier and grips better. The bib straps are both lighter and more comfortable while giving better support.
- Vortex dimpled fabric on legs for aero performance
- Forza fabric on inner legs with 38% Lycra® content for perfect fit
- Stripe mesh engineered minimalist bib construction keeps you cool
- GIRO4 leg gripper elastic for better grip distributed over larger area
- Doppio V construction in front for increased support and comfort
- Flat-lock stitching
- Progetto X² Air Seamless seat pad - used to protect your skin while providing just the right level of padding for maximum comfort, no matter how long your epic ride is. A four-way stretch microfiber top layer offers maximum softness and moves with you body to prevent skin irritation. Seamless construction prevents chafing. Perforated foam backing allows airflow to aid evaporation. A separate component provides no-compromise cushioning, with Castelli's infinitely variable thickness to bring the right shape to the right part of the body: thicker under the sit bones and thinner on the sides and under the perineum. Perforated viscous padding is added under the highly sensitive ischial and perineum pressure areas.