Giro pioneered the aerodynamic helmet category with the original Advantage in 1985, and now we are redefining it with the new Aerohead™ Ultimate MIPS – our fastest time trial helmet ever. We leveraged every resource available to create a helmet that tops the podium in speed, weight, style and comfort.
The shell is constructed with TeXtreme™ carbon fiber, an advanced material that is lighter and stronger than other carbon composites. The wrap-around eye shield offers an unblocked field of view with a huge aerodynamic benefit and the shield is made by ZEISS® Optics for unrivaled clarity. A magnetic anchor attachment keeps the shield secure, yet easy to remove, and it can be stored in the “flipped up” position. Other stand out features include a Roc Loc® Air fit system and a hydrophilic, anti-microbial brow pad that can absorb up to ten-times the amount of sweat as standard urethane padding. Additionally, this helmet is quipped with the MIPS system to redirect impact energy, providing more protection in certain impacts.
Super Fit Sizes:
S 20"-21.75" M 21.75"-23.25" L 23.25"-24.75"
- TeXtreme carbon fiber shell - A Lighter, Stiffer & Stronger Shell. TeXtreme’s wide and flat fibers fit closer together than conventional round carbon fibers and require less of the resin used to bind fibers together. In the case of the Avance MIPS, TeXtreme enabled us to create an ultralight shell that’s tougher, stiffer and stronger than Giro’s offered before. Most importantly, TeXtreme offers impressive high-energy impact management.
- Super Fit Engineering - Our proprietary Super Fit™ sizing system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 25 years of handcrafting helmets. By creating helmet molds in up to 4 adult sizes to match the human body’s form, our Super Fit™ sizes comfortably and securely fit riders, and feel like they are custom made just for you.
- Eye shield made by ZEISS Optics - The wrap-around eye shield offers an unblocked field of view with a huge aerodynamic benefit and the shield is made by ZEISS® Optics for unrivaled clarity. A magnetic anchor attachment keeps the shield secure, yet easy to remove, and it can be stored in the “flipped up” position.
- Magnetic lens anchor attachement
- Hydrophilic, X-Static anti-microbial padding - X-Static FIBER – X-Static fibers use natural silver to provide heat conductive and anti-microbial properties to help keep your hands warm, and your gloves free of odor-causing bacteria and fungus
- Includes helmet pod for traveling and second clear shield
- MIPS equipped - All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts. Learn more about MIPS in the video above.
- Hybrid construction TeXtreme carbon fiber shell with in-molded EPS liner
- Roc Loc Air Fit System - This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc® Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc® 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
- Vented shield
- Over-brow ventilation
- Internal channeling