Hoka One One Men's Carbon X Shoe - 2021
The Carbon X is a formidable competitor. Made using never-before-seen HOKA ONE ONE® technology, this high-performance shoe features a specially engineered carbon fiber plate and an aggressive Meta-Rocker, designed to provide an efficient, propulsive ride. Our PROFLY X technology, a special combination of foams, employed with our trademark geometry, delivers an inherently stable, soft and responsive experience. Completed with a lightweight upper scrutinized through the lens of speed, the Carbon X is designed to empower athletes to fly.
- Single layer engineered mesh upper offers breathability across forefoot
- Embroidery reinforcement delivers a secure heel fit
- Gusseted tongue provides a lightweight mid-foot lockdown
- Early stage Meta-Rocker delivers an up-tempo ride
- Light and resilient PROFLY X technology provides both a soft and propulsive experience
- Carefully positioned Carbon fiber plate curls under the lateral toes to deliver a smooth transition through the gait cycle
- Wider forefoot platform provides support and stability along with an accommodating and comfortable fit
- Rubberized foam outsole offers a lightweight, responsive, yet durable ground contact
Heel-Toe Drop: 5mm
Weight: 8.7 oz. (size 9)
I walk ~10 miles a day on pavement/boardwalk, 5-6 times a week. I regularly wear Nike EXP sneakers. I was hoping to feel a clear difference wearing these $180 sneakers (I pay $70 for my EXPs). I have only worn them once, and that was unmemorable. Pain moved from my knees to my quads, presumably an adjustment to the fit. My feet and overall body felt no better. Will see what continued use brings.
I have been running for 6 years now and these are the best pair of running shoes I have invested in. I will be going with the hoka one carbon x for many years to come for up pace workouts and races.