Inspired by Karl Meltzer, aka “The Speedgoat”, who holds the record for the most 100-mile trail race wins and epitomizes the “go everywhere, run everything” attitude, this shoe is designed to attack all kinds of technical trail. In this waterproof version we’ve added a SKYSHELL™ waterproof bootie and gusseted tongue. The wider midsole and toe box of Speedgoat 2 were well received, as were the more aggressive Vibram® Megagrip lugs, which hold up to all kinds of rugged terrain. With the Speedgoat 3 WP, we’ve added further heel support and mid-foot lockdown in the upper as well as “seatbelt” support on each side. It’s a combo that creates a protective cradle. Topped by a patterned ripstop nylon upper, we think we’re really in lock step with the Speedgoat’s “go everywhere, run everything” philosophy.
- SKYSHELL™ waterproof membrane with full-bootie construction
- Gusseted tongue to mitigate tongue migration and reduce trail debris from entering the shoe
- Open engineered mesh construction to maximize breathability and support
- Reinforced TPU midfoot overlays to help ensure a secure fit
- Textured TPU toe reinforcement for added durability
- Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- Wider platform designed to provide a more stable base on varied terrain
- CMEVA foam midsole absorbs impact points and offers stable footing
- Vibram® Megagrip hi-traction outsole with 5mm lugs
- Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
- More durable outsole design
WEIGHT: 9.6 oz. 272g
These are by far the best shoe I have ever put on my feet. They are so awesome to workout in and really helps the plantar fasciitis. Real Comfort!!!