If you're looking for the perfect mix of flexibility and buoyancy this intermediate level suit bridges the features of the entry level and top level suits perfectly.
BUOYANCY - The placement of 4mm Aerodome 2 in the lower back of the suit helps to lift the body into the most efficient swimming position.
FLEXIBILITY - The new SuperStretch lining combined with thinner InfinitySKN 1.5mm arms than the previous Sonar mean that the Sonar is now even more flexible through the full rotation of the stroke - allowing for freedom of movement not previously seen in this intermediate level suit.
ADAPTABILITY - Male and female specific front buoyancy panels mean that the optimum buoyancy balance for different body shapes can now be achieved.
SPEED - SCS coated Yamamoto neoprene is used in special Hydrolite panels in the ankles of the suit combined with a stretchy lining that absorbs less water to improve buoyancy and is super sleek, making the Sonar even faster to remove in transition.
- Yamamoto – The Yamamoto Corporation is the world’s main supplier of high performance neoprene. It’s seal represents quality, technology and innovation.
- SCS – Acting as a coating over closed-cell neoprene, Super Composite Skin (SCS) has become the benchmark for coating the smoothskin neoprene used in triathlon wetsuits, to reduce friction and increase speed through the water. The micro-cell structure of SCS coating repels water when in contact with air and reduces surface resistance when in contact with water. Less friction = more speed!
- InfinitySKN – It’s what’s on the inside that counts and Orca’s unique InfinitySkn lining plays an integral part in the unbelievable flexibility of our top end wetsuits. Constructed from a high stretch nylon, InfinitySkn is strategically placed where ultimate stretch is required and allows the wetsuit to move dynamically through your swim stroke.
- 39 Cell – Yamamoto 39 cell is an extremely flexible neoprene which supports an uninhibited natural swimming motion. 39 cell extends to a 513% elongation rate, meaning this material is sure to move with you. Added benefits of zero water absorption and zero weight variation can mean only one thing: more speed. A fine balance between buoyancy and flexibility, 39 cell is a durable material which will stand the test of time and distance (when properly cared for), representing the best neoprene available in it’s class.
- Aerodome 2 – Beneath the dimpled surface of Orca’s Aerodome 39 cell neoprene are hundreds of air cavities, which provide 30% more buoyancy than normal 5mm neoprene. Aerodome panels are strategically placed around the heaviest parts of the body, lifting you into the optimum swimming position. Aerodome 2 is an upgrade that uses a new lining to increase flexibility and comfort.
- Super Stretch – The all-new SuperStretch lining featured on the chest of the Sonar is a light weight lining that is super stretchy due to it’s makeup and the way it has been knitted. It absorbs little water, meaning the panel stays more buoyant and contributes to making the chest really stretchy for unrestricted breathing.
- Backpack Included - Orca equips you to go further faster in our wetsuit, and sends you on your way to conquer the seven seas with a handy backpack to carry it in.