Ryders Strider Sunglasses - 2021
Our most popular semi-rim style, the Strider is light and durable with adjustable nose-pads for optimum fitability. The classic shape is combined with aggressive lines to give the Strider its signature look. Our most popular semi-rim style, the Strider is light and durable with adjustable nose-pads for optimum fitability. The classic shape is combined with aggressive lines to give the Strider its signature look.
Impact resistant and optically correct, the lenses provide 100% protection from UVA, UVB and UVC rays as well as harmful, high energy light to 400nm. As if that’s not enough, they also have premium hydrophobic and scratch-resistant coatings. This is the standard from which we build all of our more technical lenses, so every Ryders lens has the same technology at its core and the highest standard of quality.
- 100% UV400 Protection - All of Ryders lenses block 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC rays and harmful, high energy light to 400nm. These Rays are a leading cause of cataracts, skin cancer and wrinkles around the eyes - all great reasons to block them out.
- Hydrophobic and Oleophobic Coating - An altogether misleading name, this coating isn't nearly as scared of water as water is of the coating. In fact, water runs away at first contact, leaving clear lines of sight that are free from droplets and water marks. The Oleophobic characteristics repel dirt and grease, making the lenses very easy to clean.
- Impact Resistant - All of Ryders lenses are impact resistant, meaning they resist breaking up into dangerous little shards when impacted. If astronauts trust this material to keep their heads from exploding while on a 17,000 mph space walk, you'll have nothing to worry about on your adventures, no matter how fast you're going.
- Optically Correct - All of Ryder's lenses are made by injecting molten polycarbonate into a mold that is specially formed to eliminate distortion. This process makes the lenses optically correct (also referred to as decentered), increasing long-term comfort and minimizing eye fatigue.
- Scratch Resistant Coating - Ryder's applies a scratch-resistant coating to all of their lenses. Though this process makes the surface of the lens considerably harder than the base lens material it's impossible to make the lenses completely scratch proof (short of making them from diamonds) so please care for them properly as they may still scratch under certain conditions.