Zone3 Men's Lava Limited Edition Long Distance Tri Top - 2019
The award winning Lava collection was launched in 2013 and is designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazine Editor͛s choice award with a 92% rating and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
Thanks to the popularity of the range, new products have been added and even further research and development has been conducted to ensure maximum performance and comfort. The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional. New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
A significant upgrade to fabric used, the new Lava top offers maximum breathability, temperature control and freedom of movement. Further attention to detail has then been added to make the suit more comfortable, crucial over the longer distances.
- Aeroforce Soft-Touch - A revolutionary woven fabric from France is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market, but once you have tried it you will understand why. Extremely breathable and sweat wicking for optimum temperature control. Incredible lightweight and quick drying whilst still being durable and offering a high level of UPF protection. 360 degree stretch for total freedom of movement. A high-tech water repellent coating for drag resistance both in and out of the water and to repel sweat whilst on the go. Also, a very useful feature if it rains on the bike section, helping to keep you drier and warmer. This is a market-leading fabric which is used by a very high proportion of pro athletes. Comfort is crucial during a long distance race and as soon as you feel this fabric against your skin you'll understand why it is a key feature in the range. This fabric is used on the main front and back panels.
- Sensory - Our Sensory fabric helps to mimic the Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric and has an extremely smooth and soft feel together with a full water repellent coating. It also benefits from a reflective coating to help minimize heat absorption from the sun.
- Nutrition storage with nice big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
- Comfort fit design throughout the body and neck together with slightly wider shoulder panels for increased protection from the sun.
- Optical white color used on the majority of the top to help reflect the suns heat.
- Length - Designed to slightly overlap with the Tri shorts which gives the impression of wearing a suit, but with the versatility of wearing shorts and top. The top is also longer at the back compared to the front to ensure good coverage, especially in the Aero position.
- Elastic Technology and binding gives a snug fit without any discomfort around the arms and neck lines. Also, new seam construction to prevent any chafing under the arm.
- Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
- Front semi-auto lock zipper for extra ventilation during the cycle or run.
- Total Zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper and this is combined with 'fold over' cover to minimize any discomfort from the zip on the chest.