The award-winning Lava collection was designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazine Editor’s choice award with a 92% rating and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
Thanks to the popularity of the range, new products have been added and even further research and development has been conducted to ensure maximum performance and comfort. The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional. New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
The Aero Top is a very useful top to have in the locker. Event conditions can change quickly and with more Ironman events taking place earlier and later in the season this top is designed to help you brave the elements. With 3/4 length sleeves and slightly thicker fabric than the rest of the Lava range this top offers some unique properties which makes it suitable for warm weather races but also perfect as an extra layer or worn by itself in cooler or wet conditions.
- The fabric is extremely smooth and soft to touch meaning it feels fantastic next to the skin, exactly what you would want for such a long event.
- It is also highly breathable and sweat wicking for optimum temperature control. In warmer conditions the fabric will work to keep you cool, especially when wet. In cooler conditions, it works to maintain body warmth whilst still ensuring aerodynamics.
- The fabric offers 360 degree stretch for total freedom of movement and comfort.
- The optical white color helps reflect the suns heat and offers high UPF protection.
- The fit is designed to keep the body as aerodynamic as possible. The panel design uses minimal number of seams and the front is higher and the back is lower, allowing for optimum comfort and coverage when in the aero position. The tight fit makes it suitable to be worn underneath the wetsuit during a swim, otherwise we would recommend putting it on in T1 if it is a non-wetsuit swim.
- Nutrition storage is maximized with big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
- A full front zipper allows extra airflow and ventilation if required.