The next generation of TT helmets is here. A true revolution in aerodynamic helmets, designed to be faster than the competition. The P-09 helmet utilizes the innovative technology of the Vorttice helmet with improved aerodynamics, improved ventilation, and an improved lens system. The frontal surface is reduced to a minimum, making the helmet more compact. The inferior part of the tail is reversed for a better airflow at the shoulders, and a Speed Port allows air that enters at the front of the helmet to exit through vents behind the ears and release any pressure. A better vent position combined with additional and deeper evacuation channels allow a better airflow for an improved ventilation. The improved lens system includes a visor that lifts up for a fast and easy transition, and that can be easily removed using just one hand.
Weight: 12.4 OZ / 350G
- In-Mold construction
- Evacuation channels: Moisture evacuation channels provide better airflow and moisture wicking
- Golf ball effect: Texturized surface on the front of the helmet helps achieve better laminar airflow
- Spiderlock® Pro II: Helmet stabilizing system featuring a polymer neck support. It can be easily tightened on the head using only one hand thanks to its dented anti-slip wheel and its inclination can be adjusted to several positions
- Steplock divider: Cam locking device to quickly adjust strap position
- Wind tunnel tested: The result is a helmet that follows the shape of the head without excess material at the back, allowing better air evacuation from the front of the helmet to the cyclist's back
- Icefil padding: Keeps you cool
- P-09 lens included
- S: 61/2 - 7, 201/2 - 22 in, 52-56 cm
- M: 7 - 73/8, 22 - 231/4 in, 56-59 cm
- L: 73/8 - 73/4, 231/4 - 241/2 in, 59-62 cm
Visor lifts up to facilitate entry for a fast and easy transition. Can be easily removed with only one hand.
Frontal surface reduced to a minimum To reduce the helmet's frontal surface, we started with the inside. A study of morphology allowed us to improve our helmet's inner shape. With the help of CAD tools, we then optimized the foam wall's thickness. The helmet became more compact while remaining very comfortable. When aerodynamics are concerned, every unnecessary millimeter has a negative influence that becomes a burned watt. It is therefore vital to wear a helmet that is exactly the right size. Our helmet is available in three sizes and each one has been optimized to offer riders of all sizes the very best performance.
Boat Tail When we try to improve the helmet's aerodynamic performance, it is very important to consider the whole moving body. When the cyclist is riding, a large quantity of air moves from the chest to the back. To allow a better airflow at the shoulders, the inferior part of the tail is reversed, which limits turbulence at the lower part of the helmet.
Speed Port Even when the helmet is worn with a visor, air always enters the helmet though the face. This air becomes trapped at the ear area, which increases pressure and slows the rider. By adding vents behind the ear, we created an airflow towards the rider's back, thus releasing the pressure.
Better vent position Our CFD studies have allowed us to optimize the position and dimensions of the front opening.
Deeper evacuation channel More and deeper evacuation channels allow for a better airflow.
Front Plug A plug is also available to close the front opening.