The Perfetto RoS (Rain or Shine) is the one jacket that does everything well. Castelli initially designed it as a cool-weather training and extreme-weather race piece for their pro riders, but in reality it excels in many conditions thanks to its full wind protection, great fit through stretchy fabrics, and best in class breathability. RoS in the name signifies Rain or Shine. The emphasis should be on dry-weather comfort, which is where the jacket really excels, but then you get near waterproof protection if you do get caught in the rain. Castelli worked with Gore to develop two new Castelli exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM fabrics. They use a light fleece-lined waterproof version on the forward-facing surfaces and a lighter, stretchier fabric on the back that maintains the breathability of the previous fabric while improving water repellency at the same time. The Perfetto RoS is the ideal weight: no built in insulation so you can layer over a light base layer for moderate conditions. Or you can add a thermal jersey underneath to take it to very cold conditions. You decide. The Perfetto family features are all there: excellent fit, easy-sliding YKK zipper, long tail to protect from wheel spray, reflective panel on the back, and discreet styling that belies the jacket's racing pedigree. This is the one jacket that belongs in every cyclist's quiver.
- Castelli exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM 205 Warm brushed waterproof fabric on front-facing surfaces
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM 203 Stretch on rear-facing surfaces for extra stretch and breathability
- Taped shoulder seams for extra rain protection
- YKK Vision zipper for easy sliding, covered for extra wind and rain protection
- Zippered ventilation opening on side of chest
- 2 rear pockets with pump sleeve are easily accessed with gloved hands
- Gabba-style dropped tail with large black reflective panel