A great top for all distances of races as well as for long training workouts.
- Made of Skin Cooler 90 cooling fabric also blocks 90% of UVB rays. Read below for details.
- 12-inch YKK zipper with SDS collar neckline
- 3 back pockets so you can wear it for racing and for training
- Deep cut arm holes to prevent skin rub against fabric
- This piece is cut long for longer torsos and for those who want complete coverage of the midsection, both front and back.
What is Skin Cooler 90?
When the human body gets hot, it sweats to cool itself. In the past, other brands have tried to help that process by developing fabrics that wick moisture away from the skin and expedite evaporation. For over 10 years now, De Soto has taken this concept a step further by using that moisture to create a cooling effect. Yes! We Want you Wet. Skin Cooler works by a series of channels knitted into light fabric. As these channels get wet, they absorb moisture and swell, which dissipates the heat making the fabric against your skin actually cooler. How much cooler depends on factors including airflow, humidity, ambient temperature, and moisture temperature. When you sweat, the garment’s temperature drops and creates an actual cooling sensation. Skin Cooler 90 offers this cooling effect while offering even more sun protection.
Even though Skin Cooler 90 blocks 90% of UVB rays, we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these products. It is crucial to keep in mind that sunscreen’s SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and/or avobenzone.