Has 3 vertical Ice Pockets & made of Skin Cooler 90
Skin Cooler 90 is an improved version of Skin Cooler SDS. It still has the same silky cold sensation and offers the same sun protection, it is now more durable and more aerodynamic.
- Made of Skin Cooler 90 Stretch fabric that block 90% UVB rays, breathable, while keeping you cooler.
- Three vertical pockets for ice or cold sponges, commonly available at aid stations in triathlons and long endurance races.The three spinal pockets might not make sense to someone who has not endured an Ironman distance or half Ironman distance in very hot weather. The pockets line up along your spine and are designed to help your body cool. Our Shirt is great for aid station ice, sponges, or for carrying gel packets.
- You might be used to only using the lower pocket of your current jersey, but you will quickly find the upper pocket to be great for carrying sunglasses, a cell phone or your mp3 player.
- The center pocket may require the help of the aid station or a bit more flexibility on the part of the wearer.
- The pockets are not designed to carry excessive weight such as water bottles, gel flasks, or any comparable weight.
- This is not a compression garment, yet it is supposed to fit snug, for aerodynamic purposes. Though it is designed to be worn alone and performs best that way, you can wear it over or under any triathlon top, triathlon suit, cycling jersey, golf shirt, or tennis shirt, and you will actually be cooler!
- This garment is not designed for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.
- We are often imitated. Remember just because it is white, it does not mean the fabric will cool you. READ ON!
What is Skin Cooler 90?
When the human body gets hot, it sweats to cool itself. In the past, other brands have tried to help that process by developing fabrics that wick moisture away from the skin and expedite evaporation. For over 10 years now, De Soto has taken this concept a step further by using that moisture to create a cooling effect. Yes! We Want you Wet. Skin Cooler works by a series of channels knitted into light fabric. As these channels get wet, they absorb moisture and swell, which dissipates the heat making the fabric against your skin actually cooler. How much cooler depends on factors including airflow, humidity, ambient temperature, and moisture temperature. When you sweat, the garment’s temperature drops and creates an actual cooling sensation. Skin Cooler 90 offers this cooling effect while offering even more sun protection.
Even though Skin Cooler 90 blocks 90% of UVB rays, we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these products. It is crucial to keep in mind that sunscreen’s SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and/or avobenzone.