A pinnacle product for technical trail, the Mafate Speed 4 makes its debut, distilling what we’ve seen in the EVO Mafate and Mafate Speed. The same lines are here, just updated with new textiles and construction, including a breathable, single layer jacquard mesh and two-part PROFLY™ midsole with HOKA's lightest, most responsive HOKA foam just underfoot.
How it’s different: The DNA hasn’t changed dramatically; they’ve just made the Mafate lighter and more comfortable to enhance your technical trail running experience. Why you’ll love it: Built for the long haul, this fourth iteration is everything you love about the Mafate Speed, just leveled up.
- Vegan upper
- Single layer woven jacquard mesh
- Dynamic tongue and vamp
- Rubber toe cap for support and protection
- Lay-flat gusseted tongue construction
- Bolstered heel collar construction
- All-new lightweight, resilient foam midsole
- PROFLY™+ midsole construction
- Vibram® Megagrip with Litebase construction and Traction Lug
- 5mm lugs
GEOMETERY: 31mm heel, 27mm forefoot
WEIGHT: 8.5 oz.
VERY COMFORTABLE AND EXCELLENT HEEL SOFTNESS, EVEN WITH MY ORTHOTICS INSERTED. I AM NOT A RUNNER, BUT I DO LIKE THE OUTER SOLE TREAD. I AM OLDER AND THESE SOLE ARE VERY STABALIZING SHOES THAT HELP MY BALANCE.