Castelli Men's PR Speed Tri Suit - 2022
PR SPEED SUIT
SET A NEW PERSONAL BEST
This suit, which set a new course record at Kona in its first race with Cameron Wurf, uses everything we know to make your next long-distance race your fastest ever.
In 2016 we started our aero research project with the Norwegian Technical University in Trondheim. Besides having a couple of brilliant professors and PhD students to come up with ideas and do the basic research, they have a couple of wind tunnels, rapid prototyping capabilities, CFD analysis and a true desire to make fast stuff. The first big success from the research was Team Sky's TT suit that placed four riders in the top eight at the opening Tour de France time trial. Then the UCI made it illegal.
So this suit isn't UCI legal (but neither is your bike). It's faster than the pro cyclists' suits and very illegal due to the silicone ribs in the arms. The main body fabric is an impossibly light 50 denier — usually in sports clothing 40 denier is considered ultrafine. The legs and sleeves are long for aerodynamics, while the light fabrics are great for dealing with heat since they're thin enough to not get weighed down, yet the 8% Lycra® content holds a bit of moisture next to your skin for rapid cooling. The insane stretch allows us to make something that truly fits like a second skin on the bike but that doesn't restrict in any way on the swim or run.
Our KISS Tri pad offers some welcome padding while you're on the bike but is thin enough to not bother you on the run.
This suit offers real time savings on the bike leg while providing cooling and comfort on the run, but it was made with the expectation of being worn under a swimskin or wetsuit for the swim. It's optimized for high speeds — top age groupers or pro athletes, or anyone looking to set a new PR.
- Pro-level long-distance race suit to deliver real aero benefits on the bike while providing comfort and cooling on the run
- 50-denier upper-body fabric is the thinnest, smoothest fabric for light weight and maximum aerodynamics
- Active cooling for the run with moisture evaporating directly next to the skin
- Silicone speed ribs on the sleeves induce turbulence to reduce drag on one of the most exposed parts of the body
- Elbow-length sleeves and knee-length legs for maximum aerodynamics
- Support short portion to keep everything in place on the run
- 2 rear pockets for ample nutrition storage
- KISS Tri pad - A super soft, brushed microfiber top maximizes comfort and fit. Seemlessly engineered to eliminate chafing and abrasion. Flexible to move with you. Bacteriostatic treatment to avoid saddle sores. Specifically designed for the triathlete with minimum bulk so that it doesn't get in the way during the swim and run legs. Extra fast drying foam prevents chafing on the bike.