Orca Women's Openwater RS1 Thermal Wetsuit - 2022
The Openwater RS1 Thermal wetsuit is the wetsuit that provides the most thermal protection of the Orca range. It features a specially developed inner lining to maximize heat retention for open water swimming. It also has a second layer of “batwing” neoprene that provides more insulation in the zipper and neck areas, reinforcing the weak points of the wetsuit for swimming in cold water.
- ULTIMATE SEAL COLLAR - The combination of laser cutting on the neck and the inverse Velcro reduces friction, preventing any abrasion on the skin.
- YAMAMOTO 40 CELL/YAMAMOTO 39 CELL/YAMAMOTO 38 CELL - Orca uses Yamamoto neoprene in all its products, a durable, lightweight and high-performance material. The construction of the panels and the combination of the various high-quality materials place our wetsuits at the forefront of the sector.
- INFINITY SKIN 2 - The Infinity Skin 2 inner lining provides a feeling of absolute freedom. Designed from a highelasticity nylon incorporating bamboo fibers, this technology is used in the lining of our wetsuit to provide greater flexibility in every stroke. It maintains body heat longer and reduces bad odors and the presence of bacteria in your neoprene. It is also composed of natural and environmentally sustainable materials, to avoid skin irritation and to care for the environment.
- SCS - 60% WATER FLOW RESISTANCE
- HYDROLITE - Hydrolite technology helps the wetsuit come off more easily, making transitions even faster.
This is an updated review after wearing the suit twice. Although I still love the suit’s features, there is a major flaw that makes this suit a poor choice. After only two uses, I now have 4 tears in the suit. I’ve never owned a wetsuit that rips as easily as this one. I understand all about keeping your fingernails away from a neoprene wetsuit, but this one rips at the slightest touch of a finger nail or even just bumping into something. I’m not sure why this wetsuit is different from any others, but it is incredibly fragile. It now has more rips in it than my standard wetsuit that I’ve had for 7 years. So disappointing.
This wetsuit is amazingly comfortable and warm. I'm swimming with friends off the coast of Cape Cod and just used it in 45 degree water. With my neoprene mitts, booties, and hood, I was comfortable. I am especially impressed with the stretchiness of the suit and the soft feel of the inner lining. It also feels lightweight. Also, thank you, Triathlete Sports, for the incredible customer service and speedy delivery! Top notch.