FREE AERO RACE 4 BIBSHORT KIT
The Free Aero Race 4 Bibshort is our top race short, which also means that it's insanely comfortable even if you never pin on a number.
The original Free Aero Race Bibshort was first introduced over a decade ago and has logged literally millions of kilometers under the backsides of our sponsored pro riders and has been the best-selling short both in the Castelli retail collection and in our Servizio Corse custom program. Over this time the short has undergone numerous updates and improvements in the never-ending quest to create the best short we can make. While the basic concept of a minimalist workhorse pro-level comfortable race short remains, every single fabric, component, stitch and construction method has been updated and improved over time.
The fourth major generation of the short features the updated Progetto X2 Air Seamless seat pad. This pad separates a soft, stretchy skin care layer that moves with your body from a generously padded cushioning layer that replicates the form of your saddle. Eight-hour rides are no problem.
Of course the fabrics are premium, made to our specifications by Italy's best fabric suppliers. The Forza fabric on the inner leg features 38% Lycra® content for perfect fit, while the Vortex fabric on the side panels is dimpled for aerodynamics. And it's held in place by the latest iteration of our seamless flat Giro leg gripper.
- Vortex dimpled fabric on legs for aero performance
- Forza fabric on inner legs with 38% Lycra® content for perfect fit
- Stripe mesh engineered minimalist bib construction keeps you cool
- Giro4 leg gripper elastic for better grip distributed over larger area
- Doppio V construction in front for increased support and comfort
- Flat-lock stitching
- Progetto X2 Air Seamless seat pad is used to protect your skin while providing just the right level of padding for maximum comfort, no matter how long your epic ride is. Perforated viscous padding is added under the highly sensitive ischial and perineum pressure areas. Castelli's infinitely variable thickness brings the right shape to the right part of the body: thicker under the sit bones and thinner on the sides and under the perinem.
- 15°-35°C / 59°-95°F
- Weight:172 g